Sunday, November 28, 2010

Goat Milk Ricotta with Fruit and Honey



Hi! I've been making a variation of my goat milk ricotta recipe for dessert. The recipe is very easy and the end result is wonderfully light, creamy, and not too sweet. I made this recipe up and each time I make it, I do it a little differently. Basically, just wing it and make it to your individual tastes and preferences. Here's how:
  • Make the goat milk ricotta following the recipe I previously posted (May 31).
  • After draining and while the cheese is still warm, whip in 3 tablespoons of honey and between 0 and 2 tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you'd like it to be. I've been using Red Bee Artisanal Honeys based in CT (http://www.redbee.com). I particularly like the Blueberry Blossom Honey, and I have a friend who favors the Pumpkin Blossom. They're all wonderful!
  • If, at this point, the cheese isn't as creamy as you'd like, you can blend in some cream cheese or sour cream, to your liking. Then refrigerate for an hour or more to set.
  • For the topping, mix together about 3 cups total of berries (I've been using a mix of blueberries and raspberries, and sometimes halved strawberries), some fresh lemon juice, and 1-2 tablespoons of sugar. Let marinate for about an hour, then spoon over the cheese and you're done!
If anyone actually reads this and tries it, let me know what you think! (This is my first, and to date, only original recipe!)



Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment